Avocado Mask for Overall Hair Well-Being
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoon olive oil
1. Mash the avocado completely.
2. Add the coconut milk and olive oil, stirring rapidly to combine it all.
3. Warm up your mask on the stove until it's slightly warm.
4. Apply the mask from roots to ends, massaging it into your scalp.
5. Leave on for at least thirty minutes or as long as you can, then wash your hair.
A Nourishing Mask for Silk 'n' Shine
2 tablespoon acacia honey
1 tablespoon olive oil / or almond oil
1 tablespoot of organic (cloudy) apple cider vinegar
1. Mix up all your ingredients.
2. Before washing your hair apply the mixture to the roots and comb through.
3. Leave the mask on for an hour, then rinse it out.
A Thickening Mask for Bouncy Volume
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup flat beer
1 tablespoon of honey
1. Mash your banana, creating a thick consistency.
2. Mix in one egg and blend until smooth (hand mixer could be helpful).
3. Add 1/2 cup of *flat beer, then a tablespoon of honey and blend.
4. Apply to scalp, roots and all the way to your ends.
5. Let your mask sit for at least one hour or longer, and then shampoo out.
*Beer has properties that help to thicken the hair, giving the appearance of fullness and volume. It also contains proteins that provide shine and strength.
De-Frizz Your Hair Mask
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 tablespoon almond oil
1. Combine all your ingredients together.
2. Massage into hair from root to ends.
3. Let this sit for twenty minutes before washing out.